Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer Slaw

SUMMER SLAW
 
For anyone having bbqs or having to take a dish - this is an easy one to make and you dont have to worry about it in the sun or heat!!!

I bag coleslaw mix ( I like the one with carrots etc)
Small onion (diced)
Dressing
1 cup vinegar
1 cup sugar (I add just a little more because I dont like things really sour lol) Just taste it before you pour it on
Pepper and salt to taste

Whisk until sugar is dissolved (You can heat in microwave to help dissolve sugar but dont pour over cabbage until cooled)
I like to let it sit in fridge overnite so its well marinated.
If you dont have time just add a lttle olive oil to help dressing stick to slaw. Do in morning for that evening!


Finely chopped green peppers ,Celery salt or celery seasoning-can also be added

Keeps in fridge for a week.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment