Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Barbecue Pulled Pork in Crock Pot

Barbecue Pulled Pork in Crock Pot

I make pulled pork in the crock pot all the time in fact that is the only way I cook it. If you have a Sams near you can get the whole loin and use that , much cheaper. I put it in the crock pot and add some small diced onion and season and let it cook for at least 8 hours, then I take out and let it cool enough to handle and then just pick it apart. Put it back in the crockpot with BBQ sauce and set it on warm until meal time. I make my own BBQ sauce ahead of time by the gallon and always have it on hand, it refrigerates for months. I can give you the recipe if you would like.

Barbecue Sauce Recipe

This is the original
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tablesoons dark brown sugar
3 tablespoons worcestershire
1 teaspoon liquid smoke ( I found it at Walmart)
1/2 teaspoon salt
OPT: 1/2 teaspoon cayenee pepper.
Simmer for a few hours until it thickens.

I dont think this would make enough for a large amount of meat for a pot luck.
I make the sauce in very large batches at first I used to times the recipe x 5 but as my kids would want some I have since started making it with the vary large cans of ketchup I get at Sams. Its also much cheaper to buy it that way.

1 can ketchup (approx 12 cups)
3 cups apple cider vinegar
2 cups Dark Brown sugar
2 cups worcestershire
12 teaspoons of liquid smoke= 1/4 cup
OPT: 4-6 teaspoons cayenne pepper (to taste)


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment